FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:11 pm
bp888

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by HunterSFO
I'm at this property again mattress running. I'm stunned by the points for this stay:

3000 for "The Next Big Thing"
2500 for "regency club closed on weekends"
2000 for "g2 bonus"
1000 for "Diamond Ammenity"
400 points for the stay
100 points for 25% diamond bonus
_______
9000 points total for a $79 stay!!!
then factor in the costco cert and it's $69

you still get access to the regency club, but they aren't putting out food other than cookies. Sodas/juice/coffee/tea are available self-serve 24 hours which is really nice. Free hot breakfast available at Tresca

great room on the top floor. wired internet is fast (cable in the drawer in the nightstand.) Plenty of HD channels on the tv. Robes provided in the room. I like the light airy scandinavian style decoration.
I've stayed there on weekends and never had a whiff of the 2500 points for "Regency Club closed on weekends." Is this something new or recent? The T&C that applies states "During periods of high demand access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge may not be available; therefore, complimentary full breakfast for each registered guest and 2,500 bonus points will be given. " It doesn't say anything about weekends.

UPDATE: I called the hotel directly. And you're right, they do give 2500 points as compensation for the RC being closed on Fri, Sat and Sun stays. The agent I spoke wasn't clear when this started.

Last edited by bp888; Dec 19, 2009 at 7:38 pm Reason: Update