FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:50 pm
GrizShel

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I just spoke with an AAdvantage Representative about doing a challenge. She said all of the details she shared with me would be in an email she sent me, however some things she spoke of are missing from the email, and sent it in such a way that I cannot reply and request clarification on anything (not happy about that - although everything else has been good with the service about this and another issue I called about).

So I want to check here if the following seems correct:

She stated they would make me AAdvantage Gold immediately (meaning on the day I start the Platinum challenge). She said all of this would be in writing, however, this is missing from the email she sent me.

She also stated that I would have to pay $200 for the challenge (consistent with what I have read), but not until the day I start the challenge. (this info was also missing from the email.)

She also mentioned that they would call me back (to collect the fee I guess) at the time I said I want to start the challenge) - also not mentioned in the email.