FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Melbourne REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 17, 2009, 5:07 pm
m0hamed

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This was my second stay at the PH Melbourne. I don't know why but the first stay wasn't particularly memorable, but I was only GP Plat at that stage. I returned to the hotel as a Diamond and was upgraded to a Deluxe Club Room with a spa in level 19. Had booked on a limited time offer on the lowest category room. It was AMAZING! Unlike the Grand Hyatt, which has just had a stunning $40m renovation, which provides club rooms as standars rooms with club access, Decluxe Club Rooms at the PH are at double that in size. The rooms are like junior suites with a bed, study area with leather chair, armchair, lounge and.... a firplace! Major +++. The bathroom is combined with the dressing area and was almost as large as the room itself. The view overlooking the Melbourne CBD was stunning. Diamond amenity was 3 fresh apples and chocolates. While not a bottle of wine it was more useful on a business trip.

The club was on the same level and had a good selection of alochol, cold canapes, but only 2 hot selections; croquettes and chicken wings? Was closed for breakfast so enjoyed it in the restaurant downstairs.

Overall a really great stay. Service is more attentive and in line with PH, rather than the GH Melbourne. For some reason on this trip I appreciated the understated elegance of this hotel more, from the architecture to the fitness centre which has a gorgeous pool/spa overlooking the park. Will definitely return.