FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:42 pm
wiredboy10003

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I have to give UA a big ^. UA is the only airline I've flown who sometimes goes far and beyond for its top elite customers (DL and CO don't care). Some of the things mentioned in the article I have personally experienced as an 1K, not even a GS, such as FAs remembering me and saved a meal choice before I even asked because the purser remembered I liked the pasta, ground crew taking me to the front of line, purser giving me a nice wrapped bottle of wine at the end of flight, agents doing me favors during irreg operations, super agents like annie SYD upgrading me and other 1Ks, 1K desk rescuing my friends and family during irregular operations (long story)
I agree. People like Annie are a treasure!

Twice I've been given little gifts by the flight crew. Once I was on a PS flight and I recognized one of the FA's. He moonlighted as a waiter at one of my neighborhood restaurants. At the end of the flight he came over with a bottle wrapped in a napkin.

Another time, I overheard one of the FA's talking about her new headshots (I think she also worked as an actress or model maybe) and we got into a conversation about them. She brought over the proofs and we talked about them. I'm a photographer so I had some insights. Anyway, toward the end of the flight she popped over with an airsickness bag filled with miniatures of liquor. It's little stuff like that that helps keep me loyal to UA.