FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The New Scam - F Class is NOT F Class
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:29 am
ocdb8r

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Herb687
You are absolutely WRONG. He most certainly did purchase an F fare. The fare booked into F class.

You do not understand the difference between fare basis code and fare class. The fare class or booking class of the OP's ticket was F.

The first character of a fare basis code is NOT always the same as the actual booking class associated with that fare.
YES, but skymiles earning is based on the FARE BASIS, not the fare class actually flown. If the latter was the case we would receive NO miles when upgraded as the tickets are booked into a non earning class once the upgrade clears.

I fully understand the difference, YOU apparently do not understand how mileage earning works. Looking at the first letter of the fare basis code WILL always tell you what mileage will be earned (assuming of course that DL had their charts in order).

I'm not trying to defend DL here, but these whining threads have to contain SOMEthing of use to the community as a whole. I was simply trying to point out that other flyers can avoid this issue by examining the fare rules before purchasing. I have said repeatedly I think the OP should be given the 1.5X miles.