FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fun with code-shares and hidden cities
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:55 pm
DenverF9Flier

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Fun with code-shares and hidden cities

Seems like the Midwest tie-up has had some benefits in terms of fares not being synchronized between the two carriers. After watching DCA->DEN O/W fares on 12/26 hovering around $250 on Frontier, I was surprised this afternoon around 2PM to find Midwest selling the same seat on the Frontier flight for $149. I booked immediately (glad too, since it now seems to have jumped up to around $350 on both airlines, must be because it's ten days out, though I don't know why it was cheaper this afternoon than this evening).

Also along the same lines, Frontier has been selling tickets DCA->COS with a stop-over in DEN for about $50 cheaper than the DCA->DEN fares that I've been finding. That fare is also gone on Frontier, though Delta and NW seem to have matched.

All in all, I'm enjoying the new codeshares. Now, I just wonder if I can get Summit benefits despite having purchased through Midwest... I already got assigned a seat in Row 2 automatically by the system, I will be watching closely to ensure it doesn't change.