FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies
Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:55 pm
boniam

Programs: Continental, BA
Originally Posted by boniam
Thanks for all replies. Does anybody know if it is possible to use fund from a cancelled ticket on continental through a travel agent (i want to book ticket to india)? Thanks
Price through agent was around $75 less. However when i checked yesterday night the continental price was also down $100 and so i booked rightaway. They way i did was i first booked my wife and kid and at the payment page i selected i want to talk to somebody in phone. At that point of time it gave me a confirmation number and said that my reservation will be held for 2 days. Then i went on to change my canceled ticket. I did it online because online it wasn't tagging me $25 expedia transfer fees. I went to change and in the last page it errored out though. It looked like my reservation changed partially but ticket were not issued. I called and they straigten this out. They completed the change (the agent did mention $25 booking transfered fees but waived that) and get teh ETC issued and applied to my other held reservation.

One thing i found that the change flight option didn't show me all flight options available through booking a new reservation option. It was showing costly options. That looks like a nice to have bug for them. I wonder that was deliberate. Also, in an iterneray it showed me the costly class for one of my flight (costly than the ticket that i booked as new reservation). They i selected a particular class and it showed me lower fare. Luckily all my leg were on same class so i could find that fare. But it looked fishy. Can we complain about that. I wonder how many people buy costly flight through change flight option.