FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New redemption levels plus a free night
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2009, 10:36 am
Beckles
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by saad
if 74% of the properties remain the same then that is not what was indicated earlier.
As I said, to me it seems the article is inconsistent in the first claim that the changs are "on top of the 20%" increase compared to how they describe the changes later in the same article. In other words, though the article addresses where a handful of hotels are going, it doesn't definitively answer the question of the overall changes because of the inconsistency.
Originally Posted by saad
for the last couple of months, what has been mentioned here is that each property is going up by atleast one category.
I have never agreed with that characterization as I voiced as early as October 20 in this post. I had always assumed that just like every other year, some hotels would otherwise be moving down anyway, which in the case of the increse in point levels would likely mean they would actually stay the same this year, and maybe a few hotels would move down more than one level resulting in a decrease for a small number of hotels.

The USA Today article lists a minimum of 10 hotels that are moving down in points required, which in fact would mean they are moving down two categories next year.