FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awful experience and strange blowoff (mold in suites at Parker Meridien NYC)
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:39 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
On the downside, we queued for 10 minutes for breakfast before we encountered a staff member who asked us if we had reservations (I have to ask who ever makes reservations for breakfast? I have never found the need to do this at any other property elsewhere in the world in over 20 years of travel). The bar area was also extremely small which meant that it was practically impossible to get a seat (again are reservations necessary?). As a result this was probably my first hotel stay in some time when I had little in the way of incidentals on my final bill (except internet access). Although we did eat one day at the Burger Joint this couldn't be charged to the room.
Unfortunately, Norma's is one of the more popular breakfast/brunch spots in the city, and yes you DO need a reservation because of the popularity.

I agree that Knave bar is small, but I never had a issue trying to get 2 seats when we stayed there.

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Sure, Tilex works very well. But the active ingredient is chlorine bleach (sodium hypochlorite), which is a pretty harsh and strong-smelling chemical. It's possible that hotels (not just LPM) don't want to use it because (in no particular order): 1) exposing workers to it all day might not be good; 2) exposing guests to it all day might not be good; and 3) the odor of chlorine is pretty offensive to some people.... etc. Just speculation on my part. Maybe they DO use something, but less odorous and less toxic (therefore less effective).

Well, mold is pretty serious stuff, and it's either killed or not. Based on our previous stays, we never had a mold issue. Also, we never had a tub in the room either, which I was surprised to find someone mentioned about mold in the tub.