FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waimarama Do I - Hawke's Bay Wine Country - 11-14 DECEMBER 2009
Old Dec 15, 2009, 5:05 am
Bundy Bear

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
The FT Waimarama Do was choice eh bro.

The weather was nice; maybe just a little bit too sunny.

Anat0l and myself flew over Qantas on Thursday night and stayed at the Auckland International Airport Hilton and then headed over to the Air NZ Koru club for some breakfast.

Wijomas met us both when we arrived into Napier being the first 2 off the plane and then headed into town to play some mini golf and then sat around for a few hours waiting the others to turn up.

Dinner at East Pier was nice; the chips were good with a good selection of wine or beer.

We all woke up early with a heavy schedule of events, a visit to a honey shop, cheese shop for a snack and then onto a winery for lunch. Then we did a quick tour of the town and went up to a lookout.

Saturday night dinner was at Elephant Hill; the wine and food was good but their was one important thing missing off the menu.

Originally Posted by wijomas
Fortunately a nice elderly gentleman with a stolen motor vehicle kindly picked some up for me from the local fush and chup shop - just seconds shy of the 8pm closing time. ^
This description is a bit too simplified but there is an element of truth. ^

A good place for a group photo.

We headed back to Wijomas's place for some drinking and use of the free wifi; Thanks payment in the fridge.

Sunday was another busy schedule with a stop off at the local chocolate factory and wine tasting at 2 more wineries, a wine tour fitted in there somewhere.

wandering_fred gave Itsalongwaydown; Anat0l and myself a lift to the airport where we checked in and then a quick stop at the Air NZ Koru Club

Nice to see you jswong and next time I see you; hopefully in possession of a shiny new piece of plastic.

Good to see you again serfty even if it was only for a couple of hours.

Thanks to tuapekastar finding us a place to stay away from the group so I could get a few hours sleep over the weekend.

Thanks to Itsalongwaydown for suggesting a good place for dinner on the Sunday night and guesting me into the First Class Lounge in Auckland.

chchkiwi someone has to be connected permanently to Flyertalk and I will catch up with you next month, at least you won't get a huge data roaming bill unlike someone else.

Thai-Kiwi good too see you again and I am sure we will meet up again in another location in New Zealand and thanks for the description on the fig; Fig-Doo-Too Wellington for Feb 2011 become a regular occurrence anyone. @:-)

Thanks to wijomas for organising the list of activities, besides the cv reference do you think we made him more assertive in rounding us up. :-:

And good to catch up with all the +1s, just so I didn't miss anyone.

Last edited by Bundy Bear; Dec 15, 2009 at 3:19 pm