FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gate searches -- still?!? AAARRRHHHGGG!! (merged)
Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:44 pm
AngryMiller

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
File a complaint with AS and with the SFO city council.

"Team SFO", in addition to being a disgusting joke, is very obviously overstaffed.
A few months ago I found a link where an airport TSA manager admitted that the gate screenings were used to 'keep his people busy' and to avoid having folks standing around doing nothing.

For a government supervisor to admit doing something like this strikes me as rather dishonest (adding unneeded employees to get better budgets).

At MSP I've often wondered where were the smurfs doing gate screening. Seems that they congregate on E concourse where the walk isn't too bad. Saw around 6 smurfs and a guy wearing a BAO shirt making their way to the far end of that concourse. Funny thing is at the checkpoint this morning there was another bin handler wearing civilian clothing. She didn't appear to be a supervisor because she took directions from the checkpoint smurfs. Didn't the manager's SOP require that the checkpoint be kept free of non TSA employees? If so then what was she doing there?

Right now google acts strangely, if at all (out of the US). Will get back to this next week.

Last edited by AngryMiller; Dec 14, 2009 at 7:07 pm Reason: acts