FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:45 pm
chtrich

Originally Posted by ejs621
This was posted later by the same person:

FALSE ALARM. The two charges pertain to two other charges I had made around the same time. Keep the coins comming!

Cheers!
This was also posted on FW:

"From the "Credit Card Agreement" that came with my Schwab/FIA 2% Rewards VISA, pg 18:
"TRANSACTION FEE FINANCE CHARGES:
We will assess the following Transaction fees to your Account in the same balance category to which the transaction is posted ...
If you obtain a Cash Equivalent, we will assess a transaction fee (FINANCE CHARGE) equal to 3.00% of the US dollar amount of each such Cash Advance (Fee: Min $10.00)
That being said, I have made several purchase of Circulating coins from the US Mint using my Schwab VISA cc, and have never been charged a cash-equivalent or other fee. Also, I did receive the 2% rewards on those purchases as well."

Very interesting.

I placed a new order on Friday for 20 boxes of NA's and it was cancelled this morning. Perhaps they counted my previous purchases as having reached the 20 box limit already. I wasn't overly surprised with the cancellation. Waiting to see what 2010 brings us. Although I'm leaning more towards this deal being dead now.