FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Against the law to kill ladybugs in NC? Who knew...problem at HP South Stream CLT.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:22 am
sophiegirl

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Against the law to kill ladybugs in NC? Who knew...problem at HP South Stream CLT.

Actual conversation held at the front desk of the HP South Stream CLT this AM:

Mr. Sophie: "I just wanted to let you know that there are at least 12 ladybugs on the ceiling of my room".

HP Front Desk: "I'm sorry about that. We are having a huge problem with ladybugs, especially on the 6th floor. Guests have been complaining for weeks. I will give you 500 extra GP's."

Mr. Sophie: "So last night, the front desk knew there was a bug problem when they gave me the room?"

HP Front Desk: "Yes, sir. It is a problem in those rooms for all of November and December."

Mr Sophie: "May I speak to the manager, please".

HP Manager: "We have talked to Hyatt Corporate, and they have told us it is against the law in NC to kill ladybugs. There is nothing we can do."

Mr. Sophie: " I know that ladybugs are not dangerous, but I don't want them in my room. You do realize that I will never stay in this hotel again?"

HP Manager: "It only happens in November and December. The rest of the year you wouldn't have a problem."

....everyone was quite pleasant and courteous, but still......