FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reminder: Not All Programs Have the Same Restaurants!
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:51 pm
Cornroaster

Originally Posted by RewardsNetwork
I may have misunderstood--as a general rule, your best bet is to consult the credit cards accepted list on the merchant's details page. This is the best way of ensuring that the card you are using is eligible for benefits.

If a card such as AMEX is not listed on the merchant's details page, it's possible that all AMEX transactions go on a different credit card processor. So while the restaurant will accept AMEX, benefits may not be issued for AMEX cards. Such a case is unlikely, but it is possible, and this may be what you experienced. We do apologize for the inconvenience. I'm glad that Member Services was able to issue you a credit.

Thanks again for dining with us!

Best regards,
Elizabeth, on behalf of Rewards Network
I had this happen about 2 years ago. There was a localized bonus in the Southern California area that involved having several dines of a certain minimum amount in the area. My wife and I were in Palm Springs for a week and ate in several establishments to meet the requirements for the bonus. When one of the dines (and the bonus) did not post, I called Rewards Network and was told that the establishment did not award miles for Amex charges, even though they did accept the charge card. I not only did not get the 500+ miles for the dine, but also lost the 5000 bonus miles that I otherwise would have qualified for. See post #34 in this thread. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...ions-list.html

Last edited by Cornroaster; Dec 11, 2009 at 6:18 pm