FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reminder: Not All Programs Have the Same Restaurants!
Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:26 am
RewardsNetwork
Company Representative - Rewards Network

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
So, you're saying that the "credit cards accepted" on the restaurant's Rewards Network page is "advisory" and not binding? Is this new, because the time I used an AMEX as a place showing only MC/Visa online, the RN rep told me technically I wasn't entitled to any miles at all; Members Services told me to be sure not to make that "mistake" again after giving me a one-time credit.
I may have misunderstood--as a general rule, your best bet is to consult the credit cards accepted list on the merchant's details page. This is the best way of ensuring that the card you are using is eligible for benefits.

If a card such as AMEX is not listed on the merchant's details page, it's possible that all AMEX transactions go on a different credit card processor. So while the restaurant will accept AMEX, benefits may not be issued for AMEX cards. Such a case is unlikely, but it is possible, and this may be what you experienced. We do apologize for the inconvenience. I'm glad that Member Services was able to issue you a credit.

Thanks again for dining with us!

Best regards,
Elizabeth, on behalf of Rewards Network