FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bali - Recommendations
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2009, 4:27 am
silver springer

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
update on Bali driver experience

Hello. My husband and I today completed our third and last day with Dewa Marco, a driver recommended by other Flyertalkers. We provided him some ideas of what we wanted to see and modified them as we went along and we had the most wonderful experience! He combined expert driving, tour commentary and background on life in Bali for a terrific three days. He suggested order of what we wanted to see (such as putting the walk to the Git-Git waterfall in the late afternoon so it would be the last thing in the day due to the heat), building in money changing and other stops as needed, shopping of course. He provided helpful tips on monkey etiquette at Uluwatu (and nothing was stolen from us by monkeys), bargaining advice for shopping--he had it all.
As noted before if you are interested contact him ahead of time at [email protected] Contact me if you have any questions. I will also be posting a review of my stay at the Conrad Bali on the hilton thread

Cheers, Mary Anne