FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying with expired id or no id
View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2009, 9:07 pm
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SATTSO
No your original question does not stand. TSA matches your name when you buy the ticket/check-in.

But yes, eventually it will be done at the TDC station, by computer.

I should explain that whY is wrong with your question is that you seem to be saying the answer has to make sense to you, or be correct (I am NOT saying the answer is not correct!).

We have all known someone who did something stupid. Let's use me for example: I came to flyertalk to help answer questions, knowing my answers would not be accepted. If someone were to am me, "if you knew your answers would not be accepted, why go there?" To which I answer, "to answer question." Then I'm told, "no, that answer is not good. You knew it wouldn't work. I want another answer." And I say, "but that's my answer, it's what I really thought and did." "no, it doesn't make sense, give me another answer..."

when does it stop? Even if my answer is wrong and not logical, did I not answer? Sure I did.

We check ID to confirm a pax against the no-fly and selected list. No, right now we do NOT confirm it again at the TDC. Maybe that does NOT make sense to you. Maybe you think it's stupid. Maybe you think it violates your rights. Even so, how would that change the fact that it's an answer?

Like I have said before, now the answer needs to be examined....

You first off stated that I already knew the answer. I suggest that you don't know what I might know or may not know.

I do not understand how knowing someones identity makes anyone safer if proper screening is accomplished.

Keeping WEI off of airplanes should be the focus of TSA.