FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Lounge Sydney VS Melbourne
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:43 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet

Where does QF get off employing such terrible, arrogant and disinterested people. Where is front line quality control and the "excellence" QF are now supposed to be delivering?
I now avoid BNE whenever I can because of the very poor check-in experience there. I have not had any bad experience at all at MEL - in fact they have all been excellent. I have had some substandard ones at SYD, and rather rude non-check-in ground staff there too, so I also try to avoid SYD. So I try and fly out of MEL as much as I can when it comes to international flights.

I have SYD-LHR-SYD in J next month on the 380. ... This is just getting ridiculous on QF's part.
I have had 4 sectors on A380 LHR-SYD-LHR. 3 were awful - services were what I would call "services? What services?!". It was far below even what I would have expected in whY, never mind J. One was, however, fantastic. I think it's pretty much mixed.

However, apart from Malev, which I found consistently poor, my average experience with QF has been the worst of any airline I have flown on. They have been terrible mixed with excellent - but there is so much 'terrible' that it brings down QF's 'average' in my experience.

However, it makes it hard to dump them when there are still excellence, like MEL F check-in and F lounge people (who they seem to interchange quite a bit), some terrific cabin crew, etc.