FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reminder: Not All Programs Have the Same Restaurants!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:44 pm
RewardsNetwork
Company Representative - Rewards Network

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Nor do restaurants give RN credit for all credit cards - even if they accept them for purchase!

Yesterday, I had lunch in a joint that I recalled being Visa/MC only. My bill folder contained an AMEX promotional blurb (there was no AMEX logo among the door stickers), so I asked the waitress, who said that they accepted AMEX as payment. I checked later, and AMEX is not shown as RN-eligible; I'd used my MC debit card, thinking this was one of those "just because you can pay with the card, doesn't mean it's a 'valid' transaction" episodes.
Hi there,
Whether it's AMEX or Mastercard, as long as your card is registered with your RN dining program, and the merchant processes your card, you should receive benefits on the transaction. If you used a registered AMEX card to pay at a program restaurant, you should have received benefits. I'm very sorry to hear that this was not the case. Member Services can help you address this issue. I'm not sure which dining program you are a member of, but our general number is (877) 392-7313.

Thank you for dining with us--we hope you will continue to do so!

Best regards,
Elizabeth, on behalf of Rewards Network