FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forum jump drop down box gone?
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2009, 2:13 pm
Top Tier

Programs: AA,AS,UA,Hyatt,Hilton
Originally Posted by IBsteph
Just checked with Dick.This change was made intentionally yesterday when they did a VBSEO update. It was included with the latest version of this plugin and unfortunately this is irreversible. You will have to log in to see the ' forum jump' drop down..

Sorry for the inconvenience.

steph-
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
I'm hopeful that Internet Brands will get their act together on proving a better experience with stable uptime but i noticed this other comment.

I read this and went and did yet another quick audit. In the last 1,000 posts in OMNI/PR which accounted for posts by about 600+ members, only a single member (PhoenixRev) would not normally be there with the change in OMNI. The facts, all this time later, seem to support what was said to begin with and that the change has really been nothing, other than to not segregate the normal members of FT. If you sense quality and civility matters, it's really been the result of the members who posted there before the change, not the change itself and not from new voices other than a rare example like PhoenixRev. No one has complained about their posts so this single member likely not the problem. Another member might be close in this interpretation but they have posts exceeding 100 elsewhere and has been a member from oct 07. Fact is, OMNI has not been overrun since the change and hasn't had any material change in the makeup of the conversations which the existing members (prior to the change) make up. Just like things in life, sometimes it just seems that way but with no real basis. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the prompt replies.

Whether or not the change in atmosphere in OMNI can be attributed to the access changes made awhile back, I don't think anyone can deny that it has changed markedly from what it once was, and not for the better.

This does not diminish my appreciation for the rest of Flyertalk as a valuable tool for maximizing the value of my various frequent traveler programs, nor my gratitude to you for creating and nurturing it.

Last edited by Top Tier; Dec 4, 2009 at 5:01 pm