FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Service on EWR-TLV
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2009, 8:46 pm
AAerSTL

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by craz
why not US non-stop PHL-TLV? They use the A-330 and are suppose to be getting the lie-flats if they dont have them already. i generally wouldnt suggest US but Ive heard this Routing is different.

Ive heard good things about that Flight, OK not US perse. Dont know much about the meals etc

but its a late flight in both directions unlike COs 84/85 combo
I looked at US, but have had so many bad experiences with them over the years that I really would not like to give them any more business, particularly internationally. Nonetheless, their new J seat isn't too impressive and I do not like the A330, even as a new AC. Also, their BOS-PHL flights are often delayed and are solely operated on E190s.

I think CO is looking like the best option. I did pull up a TR and the service in BusinessFirst looks very good, granted its nothing like EK or CX.

Anyone who has flown CO from TLV know how far in advance I should plan on arriving to check-in? CO recommends 3 hours on their website, but that seems like a bit much for me. I'm flying back with friends that will be in Y, so that's also a consideration.