FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reminder: Not All Programs Have the Same Restaurants!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 11:53 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Nor do restaurants give RN credit for all credit cards - even if they accept them for purchase!

Yesterday, I had lunch in a joint that I recalled being Visa/MC only. My bill folder contained an AMEX promotional blurb (there was no AMEX logo among the door stickers), so I asked the waitress, who said that they accepted AMEX as payment. I checked later, and AMEX is not shown as RN-eligible; I'd used my MC debit card, thinking this was one of those "just because you can pay with the card, doesn't mean it's a 'valid' transaction" episodes.
On the other hand, who knows -- maybe the RN website was not up-to-date? Maybe the restaurant had recently added Amex as a payment option, and it was also RN-eligible but not yet shown on the website? I wonder if this happens.