FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:58 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
You only assume you are rejected, but you have never received a decline letter or the status line said you were declined?

BIG Difference between the 2.
True...I assumed (incorrectly) that when I was not immediately approved that the only other option was to be immediately declined. The 800 number quickly confirmed my wife's card with a high limit...I think all of us in the early days of this thread just assumed that the phone never informed you that you'd been denied.

One other thing I noticed today: the card that I would have offered to give up to get the BA card had its credit limit reduced by the exact amount of my BA Visa.

I get the sense that it's Chase's subtle way of telling me "We'll let you in on this one with a low limit, but you're at the edge of what we we're going to give you..." If there's a new Marriott or UA 100k bonus offer out next week, I suspect I won't be able to get it.