FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:11 am
Moy

Originally Posted by lowfoo
Trying to find ways to spend $2000 on this card besides the coins method and from regular purchases.
Can we open say 4 checking accounts and fund them using the credit card with $500 each. Does this work? ?
Why are different versions this question asked so many times on this thread? Is it really THAT hard to charge $2k in 3 months on a credit card? Especially given that this offer is so lucrative? I mean, just charge all your expenses and Xmas/holiday shopping that you might have to the card, and if you have to shift some of your spending forward a month or two to get to the required $2k in spending at the end, then do it.

Seems to me it is far more work to go and open up 4 checking accts and fund each of them with $500 on this card than it is to just spend $2k. Or am I wrong?

Worst case if you're still a few hundred bucks short at the end of 3 months then you just go buy a few gift cards at your local grocery store. Not that difficult IMHO.