FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)
Old Feb 12, 2004, 8:16 am
Pointfreak!

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
The Marriott Plaza in Buenos Aires is one of, if not the oldest hotel in the city. It is over 100 years old and is the hotel where all visiting presidents, movie stars, etc once stayed. It still has the reputation of being the address to stay at...everyone knows "The Plaza Hotel" if you ask. When I checked in, I asked for my Platinum upgrade, and imagine my surprise when it was one of the top floor suites (the finest rooms in the hotel).

Now, being over 100 years old, it shows it's age in many ways. It has been modernized, but it's still a very old building. It's very regal if your into that sort of thing however...if you want big modern ammenities (big pool, workout room, spacious hallways, massive lobby, etc) you might want to look elsewhere.

It is located right next to Florida street, which is a famous pedestrian only shopping zone. This was very nice, and you can get great deals there...especially with the favorable exchange rate these days.

I have not stayed at any other hotels in the city so I cannot compare, but I enjoyed my stay at the plaza.

[This message has been edited by Pointfreak! (edited Feb 12, 2004).]