FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at BNA
Thread: Cars at BNA
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2009, 2:54 pm
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Cars at BNA

N.B.: Nov 2011 – The location information below is outdated, following the opening of the new BNA car rental facility.

Just did my first rental at BNA yesterday:

• Proceed from Arrivals down the escalators two levels to the car rental counters, which are inside the airport.

• There is no Emerald/Executive Aisle (reservation says Emerald Booth), so EC members can make a hard right off the escalator and out the door to the right of the counters and out to the parking lot. The Emerald Booth is just to your left.

• At the Booth, the attendant will have your reservation and will tell you what cars are available. Make your choice, take your keys, and you're off.

I had a Midsize reservation as an Emerald Executive (don't know if it made a difference - I forgot to book Fullsize and couldn't modify it later due to capacity restrictions on the coupon I used ) and was offered:

Pontiac G6 (2010)
Chevy Impala ('regular', presmuably an LS)
Dodge Avenger

I also saw a Chevy Malibu parked in the lot, and will try to see what else is there when we return on Sunday.

I took the G6 - it was the regular 2.4L sedan, in fine shape, with 6K miles, XM, and Onstar (? at least the button is there); got 29 mpg highway in hilly terrain.

P.S.: I noticed there are no ride reports on the base model G6, even though I rent it frequently - I'm not a car buff, but would be happy to start one if people think it'd be worthwhile.

Last edited by dstan; Sep 15, 2012 at 5:03 pm