FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Class of Service Bonus Miles
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2009, 1:53 pm
tvetter01

Class of Service Bonus Miles

I recently flew from IAH-EWR-FCO on a Z fare ticket. When the ticket was purchased, it was an A fare, but it became Z, when they tinkered with the fare buckets upon entry into Star Alliance.
The A fare did not receive any bonus RDM's for the flight (though it did receive 150% EQM's). The Z fare is now supposed to receive 150% RDM's and 150% EQM's.

The flight credit posted promptly, and I received 150% EQM's and 100% RDM's, plus my elite RDM bonus. I did not, however receive the 50% RDM bonus for the Z fare.

It was my understanding that all tickets that had been converted to Z fare with the change in buckets were treated fully as a Z fare (for mileathon, bonuses, etc.).

Should I have received the RDM bonus for the Z fare, or should I not have, because my ticket was originally purchased as an A fare?

Thinking about it, I don't believe I've ever flown a fare that was eligible for an RDM class of service bonus before (A fares, award tickets, or upgrades only).

Note: the flight was within the last week, and the remainder of the itinerary has not been completed, so if those bonuses normally take a while and I'm just being impatient, feel free to tell me so.

Thanks, as always.