FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Nov 24, 2009, 4:05 pm
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
When I said, "If someone can clear security and be free of WEI, there is no reason to stop them from traveling", I was talking about the TSA in case you missed it.

The TSA doesn't have a control on the "Freedom of speech" now, do they? (re: inappropriate comments) -- and yes, I realize there is some speech that isn't protected, akin to one yelling "fire" in a theater.

What does a broken aircraft or an illness have to do with the TSA, let alone a number of FAA regulations - which are not vague, but rather specific?

If one holds a paid, confirmed ticket & boarding pass/seat request card, and has not violated their contract with the airline, the airline is obligated to transport you from origin to destination on your ticket. However, this discussion is not about air carrier CoC's, delayed flights, mx, wx, cxl'd flights or specific FAA sched 121 and/or DOT regs.

Lets not take the conversation away from the subject at hand:

The only thing the TSA should be doing is an administrative search for WEI; if a person can clear a checkpoint and be free of WEI, as far as I'm concerned they can travel.
emphasis mine: ^ and it can't be said enough or fed to the media enough so that they might actually report on it as opposed to fluff pieces with the kettles saying things like "anything for security" . the tsa mission creep needs to be stopped