FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale at Cypress Creek [Master Thread]
Old Nov 23, 2009, 7:47 am
LA2CDG

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I am doing my first official airline mileage run ever to reach Executive Platinum status with American.This marks the first time I ever took a flight with no reason to travel somewhere.I was always against mileage runs in the past
Travel is tiring enough when you want to go or have to go for work.
I needed one more RT flight to reach the 100k mark
Thought about not going however the lure of 8 systemwide Int confirmables and unlimited free domestic upgrades and a 15k mileage bonus got the better of me Total cost for trip to nowhere 240 dollars!

How is this Sheraton property for an overnight?
Thoughts?Experience anyone?

Plantation left me not desiring to return
I had a stay here on Saturday night, was able to get a $79 AAA rate. I was in town for work and did a night at the Westin across I95 and a night here.
As I walked in I knew it was a former Embassy Suites. Free parking was nice, my suite was on the 8th fl, the SPG floor, 2 flat screen TVs. There is no lounge and breakfast would be in the main floor for PLAT members. I didn't take advantage as I had an early flight from MIA on Sunday morning. For 1 night, it was fine, the rate was great and they offered me free high speed internet.
On a mileage run, when you are trying to minimize costs, it's a very good situation.