FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2008 - 2013)
Old Nov 23, 2009, 6:06 am
sultanbinaber

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
IC Düsseldorf

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard (i.e. superior) twin room, upgraded to Club room as there was no Deluxe twin room available.

How are the rooms?
Nice and modern style. Bathroom is huge with tub and seperated walk-in shower.
Club room basically means larger towels, special bathrobes and ipod-dock in the room.
only minus: it's a bit dark in the room, there are not enough lights IMO.

How is the Club Lounge?
Lounge is not really large (in comparison to Berlin, Bangkok etc.), located in the inner 'courtyard' on 2nd floor (like a terrace).
Breakfast selection is ok, eggs are made to order. Superb quality of food. Snacks (cold items only) are provided at noon, in the afternoon you may get some cake (only one choice), some cookies and some fruit salad. Open bar from 5pm to 8pm (so only 3h), evening snacks from 6pm to 8pm. As there are three hot dishes and some appetizers theres no need to have a dinner

WLAN in the lounge is complimentary, PC's in the lounge can be used at a charge (~5€/15min).

Access to the lounge is provided 24/7 BUT they lock the fridges at 10pm. Staff is available from 6.30am to 10pm, mostly there is only one person (meaning that it's rather a self-service lounge).

What was good and what was bad?

^
- location (very convenient to the major shopping district & old town)
- perfect service
- nice upgrade including access to the lounge (I admit, it was just coincidence that I got it )
- room (regarding size, style & features)

- wellness area is operated by a third party ('Holmes Place'), so it costs 15€ to use it (whatever category you booked/status you have)
- parking (garage) costs 28€ per day and especially on saturdays it's not easy to find some space in front of the hotel
- not enough light in the room

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Stayed there on pointbreaks. Can't imagine any better value for 5K
Rates on that weekend started ~250€ per night as some convention took place.

Would you return?
I will, in some weeks, again on pointbreaks