FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Nov 22, 2009, 7:38 pm
Rusty65

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott, Hertz #1 Club
I had a 2 day and a 3 day stays in the past 2 weeks. One was on the Flyertalk special deal (and the extra points already posted), with the other on the Z3R deal.

Overall, this hotel has been great. The location is very convenient to the ploen chit skytrain (maybe 100-200 meters, with the short cut having you to make a right when leaving the hotel, then a left through a passage way before you reach the Athenee Residences and then that passage way leads you to Sukhumvit under the Ploen Chit station).

Some of my observations:

-The service overall was very good, expecially in the lounge.
-At Check in you receive a card that allows you to take your drinks in the downstairs bars - similar to what is allowed at Bar Su at the SGS and at the new Le Meridien.
-The lounge continues to have nice snacks and hot hors d'oveours as well a large selection of alcohol in the evening, but some may prefer the made to order drinks downstairs
-I received a large suite upgrade for the first stay and a nothing special "club" room the second stay.
-The hotel appears packed for both stays and going forward a week as well. No award stays available and the rates have appeared to be higher than most other SPG hotels in Bangkok, which is not the usual state. There have been 2 weddings that I have seen and many conferences are going on as well.
-There was a print out of the platinum extras, which is helpful (and I forgot about the 2 free laundry items. They did include the extended check out time as 2 pm (and not 4 pm). The first stay I needed 4 pm and when requested, it was given without pause.