FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [archived] Favorite android application
View Single Post
Old Nov 22, 2009, 7:29 pm
ThatAdamGuy

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Oh wow, where to begin? First of all, congrats on getting the DROID. Many of my friends worked super-hard beta testing the software behind it, and so -- though I can't take any credit for this model -- I'm really proud of the phone and also excited about other Android 2.0 phones coming out in the future!

As for apps that I personally love... (and all are free, btw)

TRAVEL-ORIENTED:
- MyTracks for mapping where you walk.
- Tripit, which links to the Tripit.com travel service online.
- Glympse, which lets you send a note to friends and *temporarily* enables them to track your location (great for when you're driving to meet friends)
- Google Latitude: A feature of Google Maps, but you have to turn it on. Super for sharing your location ongoing with a set of trusted friends (and seeing where they are, too).
- Google Sky Map: Just a bit of fun and fascination for checking out the stars and such when you travel, especially if you end up somewhere with a beautiful unobstructed night sky!

OTHER APPS I LOVE:
- Mother Ted: An app that connects you to videos from the inspirational TED conference. Just amazing to watch!
- Shazam: Listens to a song for you and tells you what it is! (artist, title) For use when you're in a bar or a passenger in a car listening to the radio, etc.
- 3banana: Use your Google account to sync notes/photos across computers/phones, etc. Very handy!
- Last.fm and Pandora: Outstanding radio apps! The Pandora mobile app convinced me to pay for a $36/year Pandora membership

Hope that gives you some good starting ideas :-)