FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is USAirways going to be the ugly stepsister in *A
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:51 pm
dlen111

this may eventually be for the US board, but seriously, what is the huge BEEF with US. i have flown them plenty of times recently in Y and F and everything seems fine. pre-dep drinks, coats hung (behind row three mind you), plenty of drinks during flights (in plastic, however i dont really care) and a great snack basket.

what else do we want in these times? CO's service has gone to nearly crap from what it was pre 9/11. both airlines offered great service on flights over 2 hours. now neither do. CO chose to make it 2 hours plus, only during hours. US chose 3.5 hours plus all day. of course it all relates to departure city, route and time of flight.

absolutely, US may not best choice for domestic, but for short flights, they're all the same (minus glasses + snack basket). med haul (3.5 hrs+) they're equal, and long haul, they are lacking.

i love CO, and continue to fly them any choice i get, but i will not cringe when i have to fly US. especially from PHX when its acutally HP. and ESPECIALLY now that i get 100% EQM's for flying them.

Last edited by dlen111; Nov 19, 2009 at 11:57 pm