FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:12 pm
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by nrgiii
My name is on the selectee list and that has happened to me. And no I'm not in favor of what the TSA is trying to do. My argument is with those who say checking ID can never make us safer. I say it can if it was done correctly. Unfortunately that is not happening now and isn't likely to any time soon.
And shouldn't happen anytime ever.

Read my other posts again. The examples I gave were those convicted of committing a crime.
Didn't seem clear. At any rate, those that have travel restrictions placed on them are done thru the court system and are monitored anyway thru release programs as mandated by the judicial system. If a person has paid their debt to society, then they shouldn't be harassed anymore.

That's like getting harassed for something done 30-40 years ago in college (say disorderly conduct or something) and paying the price forever. Canada denies entry for relatively minor convictions and it's a real pain to deal with (check the threads on it). I don't want to see that happen here for domestic movement.