FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:29 pm
allset2travel

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Plan to take Plat challenge prior to a RTW

Just want to consult the experts here before taking the plunge.
I am Gold, and DW has no status. Plat challenge and RTW will apply to both of us.

Currently planning a DONE4 for mid year 2010, see my thread here ----- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...rtw-done4.html

Before the RTW, we have a trip to BKK coming up. We want to include this trip as part of the Plat challenge. I want to get this sanitized in this forum before booking. Here is the plan and my understanding of earned EQP. We will be taking 2 trips during the challenge period:

Itin 1: SFO-JFK round trip on Q (fare rules said: QA14LQKN, on AA metal). Flown miles 5,127, therefore EQP=2,563.5

Itin 2: JFK-NRT-BBK-NRT-JFK, round trip on W (fare rules said: WLXPRT for all segments, on AA metal and AA codeshare flights combined). Flown miles 19,268, therefore EQP=9,9634

Here are my questions:
1. Based on Itins 1 &2, am I correct in the calculation of EQP?
2. Following my flights sequence of SFO-JFK; JFK-NRT-BKK, by the time I arrive at BKK, my earned EQP would be just over 10,000. Can I count on AA posting that and showing Plat status in 2 or 3 days after the date of arrival?
3. Should I be able to enjoy the bennies of Plat on my return flights (BKK_NRT_JFK)?

Appreciate your comments and suggestions.