FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Old Aug 11, 2003, 2:54 pm
Murph

Returned recently from a stay at this excellent new Marriott property. By far the nicest Courtyard I've ever stayed at. The hotel faces the largest of the 3 main gates into the Old City, the one at St. Jean street. Its located at the the Place D'Youville, a small plaza outside the gate where live music played nightly.

By divine intervention or maybe a lack of notice of the property, we were able to get 2 weekend award nights in August. The hotel had only been open 3 weeks. The clerk didn't seem too familiar with award reservations, but was definitely trained in them.

The interior of the hotel was very new, but well furnished and really lacked the cookie-cutter style of most Courtyards. I'm not sure how the Marriott branding works, but this hotel had the feel of a smaller, more intimate hotel.

I honestly don't believe we were upgraded upon check-in (only a silver and didn't ask), but we were in a larger room than others upon looking at the floor diagram. Room was nice and new, and I noted the excellent soundproofing from outside, as none of the street sounds came in.

The hotel provided complimentary juice and warm cookies in the afternoon, as well as coffee/tea in the morning.

We did not eat at the hotel, but the restaurant looked excellent, especially the weekend brunch buffet, which looked and smelled better than the famous one at the Chateau Champlain. If someone is staying in Quebec but not at the Courtyard, they may want to stop by for a bite.

The hotel staff, all of whom spoke fluent French and English, were excellent throughout and a late checkout was agreed to without hesitation.

I don't know if Marriott Canada does things a little differently, but some of my best Marriot stays ever have been at Montreal and now Quebec, with another at Toronto close behind.