FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very interesting diamond club news !!! (MFUs, Family membership, iGUVs) : discussion
Old Nov 17, 2009, 1:34 am
Oxon Flyer
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Exclamation Very interesting diamond club news !!! (MFUs, Family membership, iGUVs) : discussion

On the website now.

Need to be logged into your DC account DC to see this : Diamond Club - Members - Diamond Club News

New membership cards

Great new look for Diamond Club
Diamond Club cards and information packs have a new look.

We hope you'll like the sleek new look of our membership cards and information packs. As your membership year renews you'll receive your new card through the post.

If you're a Gold member and your current card expires at the end of February 2010 or before, you'll receive it as you renew. If your current card expires after February 2010, we'll be sending you a replacement card very shortly.
Upgrade using destinations miles

You can now book and upgrade in advance.

We've launched a new service where you can use your destinations miles to upgrade into the next cabin on a bmi flight of your choice. As long as your ticket is booked in U, L, Y, S, O or B class.

Whether your destinations miles are earned from flights, hotel stays or online shopping, you can use them to upgrade. The great news is that these upgrades are confirmed before you arrive at the airport - giving you peace of mind.

For more information or to request an upgrade on your flight, simply contact the Diamond Club call centre on 0844 8480 808.

UK domestic flights
Between the UK and Republic of Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland and Denmark
Economy to Business 5,000
Economy to Premium Economy n/a
Premium Economy to Business n/a

Between the UK and Russia, Ukraine
Economy to Business 10,000

Between the UK and Armenia, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Azerbaijan, Iran
Economy to Business 15,000
Economy to Premium Economy 10,000*
Premium Economy to Business 15,000*

Between the UK and Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Ethiopia
Economy to Business 20,000

* Currently only available on flights between London Heathrow, Cairo and Tel Aviv. Upgrade from Economy to Business will be charged at 25,000 destinations miles.

Family membership

Invite up to eight family members and combine your destinations miles.

From 01 December 2009 family membership will be available to all Diamond Club members.

Family membership will allow you and your family to combine your destinations miles and take advantage of awards sooner.

You'll become the 'Head of Account' and invite up to eight members to the family, which can even include staff such as nannies and security. All family members continue to be Diamond Club members in their own right and are invited by the 'Head of Account' to join the family membership. Plus you'll now be able to enrol under 18's as long as they are part of a family account.

To set up an account, you'll need to simply log into your Diamond Club account on or after 01 December 2009.

Confirmable upgrades..... (CUVs ?)

Four flight upgrade vouchers - book in advance.

Currently, as a Gold Diamond Club member you receive four complimentary upgrade vouchers for use during your membership year, allowing you to upgrade on bmi flights.*

We've made this benefit even better so that you don't need to wait to upgrade at the desk. These upgrades can now be booked and confirmed seven days in advance of departure.

To use your complimentary upgrade vouchers and confirm your seat in the next cabin, contact the Diamond Club call centre on 0845 608 7788.

*bmi operated flights only, exludes bmibaby.
New ways to use miles

Get more out of your Diamond Club membership.

You can now earn miles through our three new airline partners; Continental, Brussels Airlines and TAM.

Also, from 1 December 2009 when you stay in any Missoni Hotel around the World, you'll earn 1,000 destinations miles per night, up to a maximum of 3,000 destinations miles per stay.

And look out for news on our new hotel partnership with Wyndham hotels in the new year.
Q & As :

Upgrade using miles

How far in advance can I request to upgrade using miles?
You can spend your miles to upgrade a revenue ticket 7 days in advance of your departure date.

Do I need to have a ticket purchased in a specific class in order to upgrade?
Yes, you'll need to hold a ticket booked in Y, S, O, B.

How do I use my destinations miles to upgrade my flight?
You'll need to contact the Diamond Club call centre to requests to upgrade an existing flight booked using destinations miles.

Can I upgrade my flight using destinations miles with any other airline?
No, at present you can only upgrade using destinations miles on bmi operated flights. All requests to upgrade using miles are subject to availability.

Will I be charged for upgrading my flight using destinations miles?
The only thing you'll be required to pay is any additional taxes or charges.

Family Membership

How do I create a Family Membership?
You'll need to log into your Diamond Club account at flybmi.com and select 'Family Membership' in the left hand navigation.

How do I request for other members to join my Family Membership?
Within the application process to create a family membership, you'll add details of each member you wish to invite to join. The member will then be sent an email asking them to either accept or reject your invitation.

How many people can join my Family Membership?
You can have 8 members within your Family Membership. A maximum of 2 members of your Family Membership can be personal staff, this is classed as a paid for employee, employed by the head of the Family Membership.

Bookable upgrades for Gold members

Will I receive printed Gold upgrade vouchers in my membership pack?
No, when your Diamond Club Gold membership is renewed or when your membership is upgraded to Gold membership, four complimentary upgrades will be credited to your Diamond Club account.

How can I book my upgrades?
You'll need to contact the Diamond Club call centre to request to use your upgrade vouchers.

I still have some printed vouchers, am I able to use them?
edit, website now updated to read
We will allow you to use paper upgrade vouchers until 15 December 2009. From 17 November 2009 your Diamond Club account will be credited with four complimentary upgrade vouchers.
was originally
No, following the launch of the bookable upgrades on 17 November 2009 any printed vouchers will be invalid. However, from 17 November 2009 your Diamond Club account will be credited with four complimentary upgrade vouchers.

If I don't use all of my upgrade vouchers will they be carried forward to my next membership year?
No complimentary upgrades from your previous membership year will not be carried over to the following membership year. Your Diamond Club account will only ever show the maximum of 4 vouchers.

How many vouchers will I need to use to upgrade my flight?

No. of vouchers required per one way flight
Route

1 x voucher required for an upgrade from Economy to Business All routes with upgrades available except those below
2 x vouchers required for an upgrade from Economy to Business Saudi Arabia
1 x voucher from Economy to Premium Economy

2 x vouchers from Premium Economy to Business Airbus A330 Cairo and Tel Aviv

How far in advance can I request to use my complimentary upgrade vouchers?
You can request to upgrade your flight using your complimentary upgrade vouchers a maximum of 7 days in advance of your flight.

Can I upgrade my flight using my upgrades vouchers with any other airline?
No, complimentary upgrade vouchers are valid on bmi operated flights excluding codeshare flights on any fare type including redemption bookings, although all requests to use the complimentary upgrades and are strictly subject to availability.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Nov 17, 2009 at 5:40 am