FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iDine problems, bugs, faults and fiascos
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2009, 7:41 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michikade
My dine on 10/21 just posted as Pending to my AA rewards network account today (11/12/09). It took an email, a fax and a phone call to get it there. So I guess I need to wait another week before it posts to my AA account.

Just so long as my "new user" bonus posts I'm ok. But that is aggravating and it really makes me not want to use the program. Way too much hassle.

What happened to the old days when it posted same or next day? When I used to use RewardsNetwork cash back program (before it changed to iDine with the different rules) it always hit as pending in my account within 2 days and back on my card within 5 business days. Without fail.
First of all, I have never had a missing dine work by email. The only method that I have found to work consistently is to call, then fax (with all the info they say to put on it in the phone call). Then it typically appears on a Monday between a week and two weeks from when you submitted the fax.

And if this never happened to you before, you were simply lucky. I've been in various of the dining programs for years (including when the whole company was called iDine, not just the cashback program), and there've always been missing posts here and there. The thing is, there didn't used to me any option for email or online submission of missing posts, and so it worked better (because the only method of submission was the one that actually works, phone then fax).

Many of the msising posts are due to an issue at the restaurant (such as them changing credit card terminals without notifying Rewards Network immediately), and thus whether you get them depends more on the restaurant than the dining program. But I'm at least as likely to eventually get a missing dine at a restaurant I've used for years as for a new restaurant. If I dine at the same restaurant several times in a row before the first missing dine is resolved, they are often all missing. If I dine again only after the missing dine is rsolved, the next dine is rarely missing, because by then they've usually fixed the problem, whatever it was.