FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two passport and Russia: am I over thinking this?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 2:41 pm
pred02

Two passport and Russia: am I over thinking this?

Ok,
I am a dual citizen of Serbia and the US and maybe I am over thinking this but I just wanted to double check.

I am flying from the US to St Petersburg via United and Lufthansa. I put in my US passport on the ticket. When at the check in desk of Lufthansa and if ask me for a Russian visa I will show my Serbian passport.

When I land in St Petersburg and go through customs I will enter on my Serbian passport. About 10 days later I will be departing Russia to go China via Aeroflot from Moscow. When purchasing the Aeroflot ticket I put the my US passport information as my Chinese visa is in the US passport. I will check in at SVO with the US passport but when exiting Russian customs I will show my Serbian one as I have entered Russia.

The reason I got paranoid is because every where - train tickets, plane tickets, etc they are asking for passport information (most other countries/airlines just care that the ticket matches the name).

I just wanted to make sure this is ok.

Thanks!