FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on my transit process, please...
View Single Post
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:42 pm
lomatopo

Originally Posted by d3vski
Do not worry about Immigration formalities. Indian passport holders are visa on arrival category so even if you need to enter thailand to exit thailand, it should not be more than a formality. I am also led to believe that Thailand are offering free visas on arrival untill march 2010 to improve tourism after the polictical turmoil from the last year or so.
Just for further clarification, holders of Indian passports can apply for a "visa on arrival" (15 days), as they are not in the "tourist visa exempt" category. This does require a form to be completed, along with one photo; the fee is 1,000 baht and is not currently waived (only tourist visa issued by embassies are waived.). The lines and wait for a VoA can be quite lengthy so if you find you cannot use the transfer desk (I think you will be able to do so but if any issues I would just go right to the departure gate assuming you can clear mid-concourse security; have your itinerary or even on-line check-in docs in hand.) maybe have the form, a photo and 1,000 baht to expedite the procedure.