FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2003, 11:05 am
lalala

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I stayed there last weekend on a priceline stay with no marriott status and really liked the hotel. I was in a nicely furnished king room with floor length windows,nice light and a clean and large bathroom.

The hotel was quiet and the bed was very comfy (compared to my recent Hyatt Long Beach stay). I didn't eat or drink in the hotel, but the restaurant looks okay.

There is a coffee republic, a caffe nero and a costa nearby if you need a caffeine boost in the morning. Lots of middle eastern restaurants nearby too.

The elevator to the gym is undergoing refurbishment, so you have to go out of the hotel to use the gym. It is pretty well laid out and has nicely maintained equipment.

The hotel is equidistant from the Marble Arch and Edgware Road stations. Since the Central Line is still not running, I happily walked up to Edgeware to catch the tube. The buses around the hotel take you down Oxford Street and to Regent Street and other west London locales, so transportation is good.

My only gripe and its very small is that London hotels have very few public phones available in them. This is a problem if you don't want to pay 1 GBP for each calling card connection you make (free phone in the UK) or want to hang out on Edgeware Road to make a phone call.

So, MMA was great for me. I paid 92 USD including taxes and PL fees per night, not bad since the lowest I could find for those nights was closer to 180 USD.

lala