FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:57 pm
ejs621

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by deant
When someone orders over $300K of coins in one month do you think they are spending these at Mickey D's????? When someone "deposits" an unopened box of $2,500 in coins, do you think there is any attempt to put the coins "in circulation"?

This is what I believe most of the objections are about.

If you are spending coins at the local market or store, that is what the mint wants and why they have the program.
What I object to is someone stating that if you buy coins from the US Mint and deposit them back it is "immoral." There is nothing immoral or illegal about what many are doing here. But what really aggravates the situation, is someone who had ordered $20,000 coins himself, with the intent to deposit them right back to get points or miles, telling us that it is "Immoral and a scam". I'm sure he wasn't going to buy cokes at McDonalds with them. Even though, he will probably now reply, after his "epiphany" that he had some legitimate way to put them in circulation. Now he is the "Moral Police" for FT.

Cheers!

Last edited by ejs621; Nov 11, 2009 at 9:42 am