FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2002, 5:44 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Counsellor:
Not sure when this "guarantee" started. However, during the last four weeks I've stayed at four Marriotts with the following results:

Lisbon Marriott - Welcome gift offered and accepted (nut [cashew] plate and red wine).

Marriott Renaissance Munich - Welcome gift offered and accepted (nut and raisin plate and red wine)

Marriott (Hotel) Crystal City - No welcome gift offered or delivered. However, I was upgraded to the Club/Lounge floor, and given complimentary breakfast.

Budapest Marriott - Welcome gift offered and accepted (nut and fruit plate and white wine)

SO - three out of four. Not bad.

But what should I do about the Marriott Crystal City? (Since I found the "guarantee" on the website I've begun carrying a printout around in the folder with my hotel reservations, but I hadn't found it when I stayed at the Crystal City last month.)
</font>
Guarantee started the end of October...as far as Crystal City goes...I'd contact the GM ([email protected]) directly and explain that as a platinum you did not receive your gift and were not aware of the guarantee