FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)
Old Nov 3, 2002, 7:46 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PSC 1K:
I've booked at the Marriott for next week -doing a MR - for two nights. Couple of questions: Any UG for Platinum? Saw above note about late check-out, is that normal (My return flight leaves EZE at 2215)? How early should I head to EZE for that flight? Any other info/suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

[This message has been edited by PSC 1K (edited 11-03-2002).]
</font>
If you can do business or first check-in based on status, then you can head to EZE at 7:50 p.m. and comfortably make your flight. Only thing that is an issue is that you need to pay a departure tax. There are two windows to pay departure tax. One is by the American Airlines check-in (which has a long line occassionally) and one up by the security checkpoint near the departure gate area. The latter departure fee window has little to no line and is the one you should use.

Plan 35-minute cab ride from your hotel to airport. The lounges are nothing special in Buenos Aires and are a little out of the way.

Check-in line should take no more than 15 minutes. Departure fee line can be 0 to 15 minutes. Emigration line can take 30 minutes. The security line is pretty quick, but there are only one or two of these and it can take 15 minutes. If you need to get a VAT refund plan 0-20 minutes additional.

[This message has been edited by GUWonder (edited 11-03-2002).]