FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:08 pm
vinyl slider

Programs: Focus Programs: Air: AA, AC, AS, WN Hotel: Hyatt, IHG
Bottom line on this new BA Chase Offer

I am currently fully paid off on all cards and looking to switch to a better one for travel -- the primary use being flights from DFW/IAH to Europe, primarily UK/IRE/GER, and primarily in mid-March or June-July. I can put $30K/year to earn the companion ticket. Obviously, this offer could be of tremendous value to some people, but concerns over redemption availability and fuel surcharge/taxes make me wonder. What do current holders of this card and/or members in Executive Club think is the best use? In other words, if taxes/fuel charges are high and availability limited, it might be best for my wife and I to each get a card, hit the $2K spend to get 100K miles, and use it as a one-off way to fly B-class DFW-LHR at the Y price (e.g., taxes, fuel, and cc annual fee ~ = coach)? On the other hand if availability were good and taxes/fuel surcharge "reasonable," then I'd put all possible spending on this card to earn a companion ticket each year. Thanks