FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:42 pm
travelmad478

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by zoosh
Just remember that the T & C of the soon to be issued BA Visa Redemption Vouchers (for $30,000. annual spend) clearly state that the 2 4 1 Redemption Voucher is only valid on mainline BA Coded Flights.

"Redemption Flights and Redemption Vouchers may only be used for flights on British Airways mainline service, which have a BA prefixed flight number. Travel on franchise, codeshare or alliance airlines is not permitted. Travel must originate and return to the US."

This eliminates any redemption of a 2 4 1 Voucher for travel on AA.
But the miles (100K bonus and miles earned for card spending) are regular BA miles, right? They're not earmarked for BA metal only. That's what I was referring to. The fact that companion vouchers will only be usable on BA metal is OK for me--we take plenty of these flights anyway.

Now, I just need to figure out how to charge $30,000 by the end of December so I can take advantage of the fact that the 2-4-1 offer re-sets with each calendar year...