FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA
Old Sep 10, 2002, 8:39 pm
dingo

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave M:
Hmmm.

Manchester (MHT) isn't bad. A little less than an hour to Boston, but likely more early on a Friday evening as I-93 might be backed up getting into the city.

When do you expect to arrive in MHT? Will you be coming to Boston immediately? Do you need your car while in Boston? Depending on your answers, I can suggest some alternatives for best ways to get into the city, where to park outside the city if you don't need the car, etc.

We live and work in Boston suburbs and often park at one of the convenient T stations when going downtown. Avoids heavy traffic. Avoids expensive parking. Makes it easy for a quick departure when attending a sports or other major downtown event.
</font>
We get into Manchester Thursday afternoon. I guess I don't really need a car while in Boston, but figured I'd have it w/ me anyway while I'm there. We get done at my conference in Danvers on Friday, and will drive into Boston that afternoon. We're staying at the wharf and fly out of Manchester Sunday afternoon.

I think I could have planned this trip better, but now I'm just making the best of it!