FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX International Arrival & CBP clearance @TBIT
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:59 pm
HeadInTheClouds

Originally Posted by 1KPath
I think it speaks volumes of a certain management level at UAL...I have talked to local LAX management and they understand...the pilots and FAs understand...the GAs understand it and CBP certainly understands...I feel it is the decision of the damn bean counters who tend not be airline people, or for that matter, understand customer service at all! I even talked to some of the management types at a couple of UA gatherings...and they said they understood and would try to let the "higher-ups" know what the feelings of FFs were! No Joy!!
Well in fairness, I'm sure there's a 'bean counter' somewhere looking at the actual cost of paying CBP to stay open for one flight like this, saying, "no, YOU don't understand"!

But personally, I wish they could at least park the plane at TBIT to offload and then taxi it back over to T7... just like they do every day for every arriving intl flight at ORD. That would at least solve the problem for the LAX arrivers - which is probably 80% of the passengers. Years ago, they used to do this for the MEX flight, but then the "bus" took over.