FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX International Arrival & CBP clearance @TBIT
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:04 pm
1KPath

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
So, any update you can disclose?

It's pretty cool that you actually got a response, AND they're interested in hearing you out.

Personally, I don't know what can possibly be said to UA management to convince them of spending $ to keep it open; I think they just look at the bottom line and not factor in lost business (and I wonder how they could even reliably measure that). The other issue I have (of an airside connection that runs through ALL of the terminals) is just a pipe dream with the LAWA.
Unfortunately it was more of the same double-talk...

At first it seemed that the "suit" did not know that passengers were being bused to Bradley...or at least acted that he did not...then he tried to blame CBP...but after I reminded him that this happened last year and it was UA's decision, he relented that it "probably" was an economic consideration! He tried to convince me to stay with United instead of going to NZ...reminding me that the new upgraded seats were coming to C and F...I reminded him that NZ already has great C seats and better food and better service!...no comment from him!

Finally I asked him how he would like to fly an 11 hour flight to a terminal with FIS only to have to be crammed into buses for a trip over to Bradley...and last year I did this twice in the rain!...His only response was that he would forward my concerns to upper management...

All in all...a waste of my time! NZ...here I come!