FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Left Marriott 15 Nov 2018] St. Regis Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:04 pm
gregorygrady

Great report. Thanks for posting. ^^^

I was hoping to be the first FTer to write a report back from St Regis Princeville 2-3 weeks ago, but unfortunately my trip got cancelled when my wife got sick. Can't wait until I can reschedule though. Looks like they did it up pretty nice.

The first thing I noticed when looking at your pictures is that the bathroom in the Jr. Suite is still the exact same. Although to be fair they were perfectly fine before. Looks like the only change is a new phone, new bathroom scale, and all the fixtures were changed from Gold/Brass to Silver. FWIW, here are a couple of my pics of the Jr Suite bathrooms we had over the past couple years (pre-renovation):

I wonder if they changed the tub and the jacuzzi jets in the tubs. Those were a little gross as they were getting fairly old and spat out black/brown liquid when first turned on.

After you mentioned it, I definitely noticed the cutout for the future pop-up TV on the desk. I'm really hoping they put a nice 32" LCD TV in there and have it rise like the good old days. That feature was one of the coolest things in the Jr Suites in years past IMHO. Imagine how cool that feature must have been when they first installed them like 20 years ago!!! ^

I am somewhat surprised that you didn't get a turndown each night of your trip. What's up with that?!?!!? I don't think I've ever stayed a night at a St Regis property where I didn't get a nice turndown with chocolates on the pillows, etc.

Everything else seemed good though, so thanks again for the great trip report. Glad you enjoyed your trip, and can't wait to go myself!